6.24.2008

The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name

But God saved the best for last. From the beginning, God had a shining dream in his heart. He would make people to share his Forever Happiness. They would be his children, and the world would be their perfect home.

So God breathed life into Adam and Eve. When they opened their eyes, the first thing they ever saw was God's face. And when God saw them he was like a new dad. "You look like me," he said. "You're the most beautiful thing I've ever made!"

God loved them with all of his heart. And they were lovely because he loved them.

And Adam and Eve joined in the song of the stars and the streams and the wind in the trees, the wonderful song of love to the one who made them. Their hearts were filled with happiness. And nothing ever made them sad or lonely or sick or afraid.

God looked at everything he had made. "Perfect!" he said. And it was.

But all the stars and the mountains and oceans and galaxies and everything were nothing compared to how much God loved his children. He would move heaven and earth to be near them. Always. Whatever happened, whatever it cost him, he would always love them.

And so it was that the wonderful love story began...



This is a part of the creation story from The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones. Many of you reading have heard me talk about this book. It is amazing! I've often wondered how stories written for children can have such an impact on an adult too. The fatherly love and the abundant grace of God overflow from each page. Sometimes I think that a book like this is exactly what we American church people need--a focus not on what we should or shouldn't do but on the beautiful story God has written and is writing to win back the one He loves (His church--us--you and me).




3 comments:

Liam said...

I have enjoyed this book, too.

R.W. Shipshape said...

Sassy sista!

Thank you, thank you. I want it!

Sally Lloyd-Jones said...

Hi Lynn

I'm the author of The Jesus Storybook Bible and I came across your blog via a google alert thing and thought I'd stop by and say Hi.

I'm so glad you're enjoying the book. It's God's Wonderful Story--and i'm so honored to have a part in retelling it for children.

Thanks for the good word about it on your lovely blog.

Anyway, my best to you all

Sally
sallylloyd-jones.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/sally-lloyd-jones/29128179904

PS you may be interested to know about some cool resources on my site connected with the book, including audio of me reading the stories, downloadable stories, interviews and reviews--as well as other new children's books